Monday, May 28, 2012

Exploration 8

http://www.cato.org/publications/economic-development-bulletin/mexicos-failed-drug-war

Part One: The drug war in Mexico is affecting its citizens in more ways than one. Not only is there major increases in violence and innocent deaths, "In 2007, approximately 2,500 Mexicans lost their lives in DTO (Drug Trafficking Organizations) related violence. As of July 2008, the death toll was 2,000, on track to exceed 4,000 by the end of the year." ,but also there were increased tensions between the U.S. and Mexico making their normal lives difficult as well because of more stress on politics.

Part Two: The most striking part of "The Road" to me was when the two were going to sleep and they had this conversation: "And then later in the darkness: Can I ask you something? Yes. Of course you can. What would you do if I died? If you died I would want to die too. So you could be with me? Yes. So I could be with you. Okay."  This passage really shows the closeness and love between the father and son while trying to survive by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment